Contemporary Issues in Global Luxury
A five-week luxury short course on Wednesday Evenings.
The pace of change within the luxury sector is both frenetic and unprecedented. Even the most successful luxury companies are regularly challenged and required to rethink their strategic direction in order to remain relevant.
To be competitive, luxury businesses must understand the central issues that are transforming this sector. In this engaging, fast-paced executive programme, you will examine the trends and developments that are reshaping the luxury ecosystem and evaluate the methodologies that luxury businesses should adopt in response.
What You Can Expect
By exploring how pressures on the luxury sector have significantly altered in the past five years including radical changes in consumer expectations and behaviour and major advances in technological and digital know-how, you will be better placed to understand how luxury companies can best respond to change.
Drawing from the latest industry insights and market data, the course content will blend case study learning with lively participant discussion to produce an invaluable learning experience.Furthermore, the programme will provide excellent opportunities for participant networking.
Your Course of Study
- Market Structure: trends and developments in scale, geography and consumer type
- Management Issues: From heritage to legitimacy, design codes, branding versus logo debate
- Unmanageable Consumers: Impact of Millennials: radical values, attitudes and behaviours
- From Product to Experience: Understanding the rise of luxury travel and hospitality
- Model Disruption: Technology and the impact of digital.
Who is Right for the Programme?
- Executives working in the luxury industry who need to keep up to date with the latest global perspectives and debates
- Specialists working in organisations adjacent to the industry but who have luxury clients and need to stay informed
- Individuals with a strong interest in strategic developments in the luxury sector
The Executive Programme will be curated and delivered by Tim Jackson, Director of the MBA in Luxury Brand Management. With 15 years’ experience of analysing, critiquing and reporting on the strategic trends and developments within the global luxury sector, Tim is at the forefront of luxury teaching in the British university sector.